Evaluate then improve our processesApply Now
This role will lead our factory teams in a 7 day a week environment, ensuring successful outcomes with quality, delivery timing and employee engagement. In addition, with the focus on improvement, the right individual will know how to evaluate then improve our processes, streamline our production, and will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills. DIRTT’s culture is unique, exhilarating and deeply ingrained. Are you the right person??
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Work directly on the floor with all levels of manufacturing team members to first learn, then lead.
- Ability to solve problems in the moment and identify root cause soon after.
- Planning and organizing production schedules by assessing project and resource requirements.
- Thinking outside the box to solve our unique production issues.
- Coaching and developing our staff to ensure we have the right talent in the right place, recruiting and onboarding new staff, directing improvement opportunity discussions and follow ups as required.
- Maintain employee work schedules, including day to day assignments, shifting, training, vacations (and coverage). Strong focus on maximizing capacity throughput to reduce necessity for additional labor input (i.e. overtime).
- Responsible for identifying specific areas to improve efficiency and flow of work on factory floor by understanding operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations (or constraints).
- Developing (or enhancing current) tools, processes and techniques to eliminate waste & quality issues including under/overproduction, delays, non-value-added activities, version control and product deficiencies.
- Proactively communicate with other departments to maintain quality and production standards.
- Coordinating the maintenance of health and safety programs along with associated processes, procedures and resources.
- Ensuring Health & Safety processes are in place and followed. Being the first point-of-contact for any health and safety incidents and inquiries.
- Monitoring of and continuous improvement of production capacity.
- Maintain a quality shop that’s clean and impressive!
- Excellent people management, collaboration and organizational skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience, preference will be given to candidates who have completed post-secondary education.
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the custom manufacturing space with previous hands-on leadership experience (5 years of more) in a manufacturing or construction role.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes/engineering for fully customizable products.
- Understand manufacturing equipment needs and capacities.
- Intermediate level of MS Office.
- Great work ethic and a willingness to do what needs to be done.
- Willingness to learn and to communicate out to the team.
- Previous experience working in metal, aluminum and CNC environments is an asset.
- Experience in a growing, fast paced and highly innovative organization.
- Ability to work with daily/monthly deadlines and time constraints on an ongoing basis.
- Able to change priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to plan and implement change while thinking "outside the box"
To apply for this position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the position title in your subject line and indicate salary range expectation.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.