Ensure successful outcomes with quality and employee engagementApply Now
We are looking for a Factory Supervisor to lead our factory teams that work a 4 on, 4 off, 12 hour shift rotation, ensuring successful outcomes with quality, delivery timing and employee engagement. In addition, with the focus on improvement, the right individual will know how to evaluate then improve our processes, streamline our production, and will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work directly on the floor with all levels of manufacturing team members to first learn, then lead
- Planning and organizing production schedules by assessing project and resource requirements
- Coaching and developing our staff to ensure we have the right talent in the right place, recruiting and onboarding new staff, directing improvement opportunity discussions and follow ups as required
- Maintain employee work schedules, including day to day assignments, shifting, training, vacations (and coverage). Strong focus on maximizing capacity throughput to reduce necessity for additional labor input (i.e. overtime)
- Responsible for identifying specific areas to improve efficiency and flow of work on factory floor by understanding operating targets, modes of operation, unit limitations (or constraints)
- Developing (or enhancing current) tools, processes and techniques to eliminate waste & quality issues including under/overproduction, delays, non-value-added activities, version control and product deficiencies.
- Proactively communicate with other departments to maintain quality and production standards
- Coordinating the maintenance of health and safety programs to ensure the associated processes and procedures are in place and being followed
- Maintain a quality shop that’s clean and impressive!
- Excellent people management, collaboration and organizational skills and experience
- You have a well-rounded understanding of the custom manufacturing space with previous hands-on leadership experience (5 years or more) in a manufacturing or construction role
- Previous experience working in metal, aluminum and CNC environments is considered an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed post-secondary education
- Knowledge of MS Office programs and proficient at using computers
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive wages, paid medical and dental benefits, 401-K, Employee Share Purchase Plan and an exciting work environment with hot lunch served daily!
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.