You have a passion for the well-being of others.Apply Now
Do you have what it takes? You have a passion for the well-being of others. You are eager to make a difference in the lives of all those that belong to DIRTT. Your track record of taking a solution-oriented approach to safety is admirable. You are an expert at executing Health & Safety standards.
With DIRTT growing leaps and bounds, we are looking for a WCB/Disability Coordinator to fill this critical role on our Safety team, this position will be the key resource for DIRTT’s WCB program. The successful candidate will also assist DIRTT in managing cost and reducing risk exposure. You will manage the full cycle disability management process during absence and reintegration of team members into the workplace following absence from either occupational or non-occupational illness or injury.
- Develop and implement WCB management programs and act as Subject Matter Expert
- Working collaboratively with team members, supervisors, Safety, and WCB to effectively manage the outcomes on Workers’ Compensation claims
- Accurately record and understand all claim information details both verbally and written
- Monitor and maintain workplace injury metrics, lost time, experience ratings, provincial workers compensation premiums surplus/charges and make recommendations to mitigate rate premium increases
- Create, facilitate, and manage appropriate return-to-work plans and outcomes with team members, supervisors, Safety, and WCB
- Employ the principles of integrated disability management to actively monitor team members during their period of disability and facilitate the return to work process in accordance with applicable legislation and collective agreements
- Be point of contact on all STD and LTD inquiries
- Support the development and delivery of specific training targeted to reduce injuries and increase awareness
- Communicating proactively with the Safety department regarding any case management issues that may impact the workplace and return-to-work planning
- Partner with the Health and Safety team to actively promote a healthy and safe work environment
Who you are:
- Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
- Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
- Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
What you bring to the role:
- University Degree/Certificate in Human Resources Management and/or diploma/degree, preferably in a health-related field such as disability management, occupational therapy, or vocational rehabilitation or equivalent
- Minimum of 3+ years’ of experience in disability case management or disability insurance or workplace safety board/commission; preferably including experience working in the manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and the Human Rights Code. US experience considered an asset
- Solid knowledge of best practices in disability management and early and safe return to work
To apply for this position please visit our website at: www.dirtt.net or email us at: email@example.com.
Please quote the position title in your subject line.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.