Are you ready to go above and beyond?Apply Now
Are you ready to go above and beyond? We’re looking for a highly creative, super organized, graphic designer to join our in-house team. You should be self-motivated and able to problem solve on your own, but still ready to throw down and collaborate with the rest of the team. You’re going to be working on traditional print and digital media (plus whatever else gets thrown our way) so get comfortable working on a wide variety of assignments. The upside is that you already love every step of the creative process, so this won’t be a problem. Your projects will include (but not be limited to) brand identity, event branding/collateral, invitations, document layout, presentations, UX/Web page layouts, infographics, motion graphics and large-scale wall graphics.
We’re looking for a designer who is not afraid to get things done. As a positive ambassador of the Marketing Communications team your other superpower is an ability to coordinate and communicate with any team member on a project. You will be working quickly, efficiently and to a high-standard. (But would you really want it any other way?) Loving dogs and being able to communicate through gifs is an added bonus. We’re looking for someone with a play-hard-work-harder mentality. Are you the right fit?
Here’s what you can do:
- Interpret and clarify design requests, identify objectives and recommend graphic concepts. (Take that napkin sketch someone handed you and make it amazing.)
- Work calmly and efficiently in an agile, fast-paced environment. (We have yoga twice a week if that helps.)
- Problem solve with a solution-based approach to design. (Make it work. Make it beautiful.)
- Dominate in the arenas of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. (Cue music for a montage where you get things done.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of principals of graphic design like color theory, typography and composition. (Its an art and you know it.)
Here’s what you have:
- A degree in visual communication or graphic design
- Five to seven years (minimum) of workplace experience in graphic design.
- The ability to multitask coupled with amazing time-management skills.
- Strong conceptual skills.
- Artistic creativity – the candidate will be able to adapt to a wide variety of concepts and ideas for creative work.
- An eye for quality control.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Deep familiarity with digital design best practices.
- Experience in motion graphics (Adobe After Effects) and photo correction skills couldn’t hurt, but it’s not a deal breaker.
If you are a highly motivated, energetic and collaborative team player, please provide a portfolio or website, and a cover letter (feel free to get creative with it!). To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.