Proactively identify potential health and safety initiativesApply Now
To join us, you need to be a hard worker who knows how to have some fun along the way. You must be a driven, energetic and professional individual with strong attention to detail.
We are looking for a Safety Advisor to join our team!
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identifying potential health and safety initiatives to make DIRTT a safer place to work.
- Support the development of the DIRTT Safety program to ensure Occupational Health and Safety compliance, and a safe workplace overall.
- Aid in the investigation, determination and root cause analysis of incidents.
- Support the Operations Team to ensure that incidents are reported, documented, investigated, and solutions are put in place to prevent future occurrences.
- Maintain and communicate training records and corrective action items.
- Support the effectiveness of the Health & Safety committees.
- Build and support safety employee communications.
- Conduct onboarding and training.
- Performing regular site visits at all DIRTT Calgary facilities to ensure that standards and regulations are being adhered to.
- Manage WCB and RTW programs and providing ongoing follow-up with operations leaders.
- Conduct and maintain JHA’s and safe work procedures. Work with operations team on implementation.
- Assist in the ongoing support and implementation of improvements to safety systems and procedures.
- Create, edit, and modify documentation, as well as maintain company safety statistics.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, open concept environment and be responsive to operational needs.
- 5+ years of experience in a Health and Safety related role.
- Working Knowledge of Alberta OH&S Act, Regulations, and Code.
- Occupational Health and Safety education an asset.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications skills along with the ability to work co-operatively in a team environment.
- Must have previous commercial construction or manufacturing safety experience.
- Self-motivation, enthusiastic, and must have the ability to anticipate and adjust to outcomes.
- Valid First Aid Certification.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word and producing reports.
- Goal-oriented, and likes the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong commitment to task completion.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel across facilities independently.
- Proven ability to plan and implement change while thinking “outside the box”.
- DIRTT's culture is unique, exhilarating and deeply ingrained. Are you the right person??
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.