Provide preconstruction project management support & establish relationships with PartnersApply Now
Do you have what it takes to be a great DIRTTbag? We are a highly motivated group of individuals who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of DIRTT. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about.
We are looking for a Preconstruction Project Manager to join our team in Calgary!
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Provide preconstruction project management support and training on DIRTT Partner’s commercial and healthcare projects on a national account
- Establish relationships with Partners for continued relationship development through individual project support
- Assist in reviewing DIRTT Partner’s permit reference drawings and oversee the coordination for jurisdictional requirements
- Collaborate with the Partner Design Team to review scope of work and coordinate remaining trades to ensure no overlaps or gaps in documents and budget
- Develop standards for ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude) budgets
- Review Partner’s ROMs, drawings and takeoffs
- Collaborate with Partners on the development of their budget, ensuring continued assessment of the scope of work while the project progresses through design
- Cross check project budget with National Account contracted pricing
- Review and identify potential areas of concern on project documents including drawings, specifications and technical documents for all trades and manufacturers
- Create project schedules, attend pull schedule meetings and coordinate with Partners, General Contractors and/or Design Build Contractors to properly reflect a prefab approach.
- Contract review for preconstruction services and subcontract agreements
- Work with the Preconstruction Lead and Project Designer to develop client documentation including formal pricing presentations and project design scopes
- Assist in the review and coordination of all owner supplied FFE components
- Review project requirements including budget and schedule with the internal DIRTT Partner Team for quality control prior to project hand-off
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Architectural Design
- 5+ years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Revit, CAD, scheduling/estimating software and Procore
- Experience in project schedule building, coordination, management and budgeting
- Experience in prefabrication/offsite design build process and IPD considered an asset
- Full understanding of a design assist approach for full integration into the preconstruction process
- Must have a good understanding of unit costing and square foot costs
- Ability to foster and leverage relationships
- Comfortable interfacing with clients, architects, general contractors, subcontractors, vendors and internal staff
- Must be extremely organized, with good time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Must be able to analyze and problem solve, even with significant ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to successfully present products and services
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and be results oriented
- General understanding of business practice, pricing and discounting
- Ability to travel as required
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.