DIRTT is looking for a preconstruction project manager in our Calgary location!Apply Now
- Responsible for providing preconstruction project management support and training for our DIRTT Partners on multiple commercial and healthcare projects for a National Account.
- Focusing on partner development through individual project support.
- Assist in reviewing our DIRTT Partner’s permit reference drawing sets and overseeing coordination as required and based on jurisdictional requirements.
- Collaborate with the partner design team members throughout the preconstruction phases. Includes reviewing coordination of the prefab scope of work as it relates to the remaining trades to insure no gaps or overlaps in the project documents and budget.
- Develop standards for ROM (rough order of magnitude) budgets. Review partners ROMs, drawings and takeoffs.
- Continued collaboration and review of partners budget development as it relates to the defined scope of work as project progresses through the design.
- Cross check partners proposed budget with National Account contracted pricing.
- Review of all project documents including drawings, specifications and technical documents from each trade/manufacture to insure constructability and coordination. Provide feedback to partners in regard to areas of concern.
- Create standard project schedules and coordinate with Partners to ensure with the GC/Design Build Contractor to properly reflect a prefab approach. Attend pull schedule meetings as defined by the project team.
- Contract review for preconstruction services and subcontract agreements.
- Collaborate with Preconstruction Team Lead and project designer to develop client documentation, including formal pricing presentations, project design scopes.
- Assist in the review coordination of all owner supplied FFE components.
- Review project requirements including budget and schedule with the DIRTT partner team for quality control prior to project hand-off.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college in construction management, engineering or architectural design with a minimum of 7-10 years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Revit, CAD, scheduling/estimating software and Procore experience preferred, as well as prior experience in the construction industry including project schedule building, coordination and management and project budgeting. Experience with Prefabrication/offsite, design build and IPD process is also desired.
- Full understanding of a design assist approach for full integration into the preconstruction process.
- Must have a good understanding of unit costing and square foot costs.
- Ability to foster and leverage relationships. Comfortable interfacing with clients, architects, general contractors, subcontractors, vendors and internal staff.
- Must be extremely organized, with good time management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Must be able to analyze and problem solve, even with significant ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to successfully present products and services.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and be results oriented.
- General understanding of business practice, pricing and discounting
- Ability to travel as required.
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.