Implement and improve DIRTT's use of Lean Management Systems.Apply Now
HAVE YOU HEARD THE DIRTT?
You don’t settle for ordinary. Neither do we. Pull that superhero cape out of your closet. Join a community of passionate and energetic people on a mission to change how the world builds.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an unconventional company. We don’t have offices, or titles. People are known affectionately as DIRTTbags, representing our unique and fun culture. We collaborate in an open, buzzing environment. Dog Fridays and team events keep things lively. We’re not saying it’s all fun and games, but there’s a lot of fun and some games.
Do you have a strong go-getter attitude? Are you extremely detail oriented? Are you driven, energetic, and professional? If you’ve answered yes to all of these questions, DIRTT might be the fit for you!
The Operational Excellence team (OPEX) has an 8 month full-time opportunity for an energetic results-focused student. The team’s mandate is to help implement and improve its use of Lean Management Systems for the purpose of improving team engagement and performance, building greater resilience, and driving operational excellence across the organization.
- Learn and develop skills in analytics and reporting
- Supporting OPEX and Engineering teams with current projects and events
- Performing cycle time analysis
- Gain hands-on practical experience with analytic and reporting tools
- Develop skills to communicate with business professionals at multiple levels across the organization
- Support the team with process improvement and implementation
- Support the delivery of Lean and Operational Excellence training
- Identify and remove bottlenecks
- Improve machine efficiency and productivity, while identifying wastes
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Local student in a STEM-related field
- Knowledge of Lean principles and/or SixSigma
- Understanding of project management and execution
- Strong interest in processes and process improvement
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
- Energetic, organized, and skilled with today’s technologies. Willing to research and learn new technologies
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and present data and information
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience supporting and collaborating with a variety of roles in an organization (From Individual Contributors to leaders and senior leaders)
- Attributes: Highly motivated, conscientious, responsible, flexible and holistic thinking, positive and driven.
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.