Effectively manage a team of 10+ buyers, senior buyers and team leadsApply Now
At DIRTT, we believe that in order to do better, we need to build better. We don’t have offices and our employees are known affectionately as DIRTTbags. Our entrepreneurial spirit and core values are redefining the construction industry. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We achieve what others only dream about.
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, who’s extremely detail-oriented and not afraid to get things done. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
Are you a risk-taker who can handle the pressures of demanding lead times, deadlines, custom products and a variety of processes unique to DIRTT? If you think you can handle it and are ready for the most intense and rewarding challenge of your career, then read on and join DIRTT!
- A love for change and the ability to pivot with the quick pace of evolving organizational needs
- Strong contract management and strategic sourcing experience and expert knowledge in its best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to liaise and build effective working relationships with teams
- Proven hands on leadership skills and the desire to support various teams at DIRTT
- A people-oriented personality with an ability to establish a high degree of credibility with staff, vendors and clients alike
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to learn on the fly
- Experience leading a functional team with the ability to engage and inspire staff to succeed in a fast-paced, challenging and changing manufacturing environment
- You know your audience and communicate in ways that resonate with them
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage a team of 10+ buyers, senior buyers and team leads across 3 factories in North America
- Liaise closely with manufacturing teams to ensure steadfast communication and accurate capacity requirement planning
- Support the implementation of Strategic Sourcing process and methodologies
- Support and implement category strategies that meet our current and future business requirements
- Develop/negotiate strategies and long-term agreements/contracts to ensure delivery of expectations and comply with corporate and regulatory policies
- Develop and track cost savings initiatives. Implement strategies that directly affect the Company’s financial results and growth plans
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and business partners and gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements
- Collaborate with functional leaders to establish short-term and long-term business objectives
- Support the continuous improvement of Strategic Sourcing process using lean methodologies
- Identify metrics, tools, and processes to optimize sourcing activities and efficiencies and work collaboratively with team members to prioritize and drive implementation
- Total Cost of Ownership modeling and analysis
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University/post secondary degree is required; degree in Strategic Sourcing, Engineering, Economics, Finance or Business is preferred
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of progressive experience in leading teams, strategic procurement, contract management, and supply chain management required
- Purchasing designation is an asset
- Knowledge of S&OP process is a definite asset
- Proven high level of financial and problem-solving ability required
- Understanding/knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Project Management methodologies is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of advanced functions of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required
- Proven ability to lead a team of experienced buyers is a must
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing, Contract and Vendor Management
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line and indicate salary range expectation. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.