Be responsible for mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, rigging, installation and alignmentApply Now
This challenging position will suit someone with a strong “go-getter” attitude, extremely detail oriented, exceptional communicator, and not afraid to get things done. Skills needed to survive: You are a driven, energetic, and a courageous safety leader. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving abilities, and the ability to work independently. A big appetite to handle our on-staff chefs that will keep you coming back for more amazing grub. A twisted sense of humor and dedication to doing whatever it takes to keep growing DIRTT towards world domination. Oh…and you also don’t mind being called a DIRTTbag!
As a Journeyman Millwright, you will be responsible for mechanical maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, rigging, installation and alignment on a wide variety of DIRTT’s production equipment at multiple factory’s.
Responsibilities will include:
- Repair, install, and maintain industrial plant equipment, such as pumps, motors, gearboxes, conveyors, compressors, process piping and heat exchangers
- Inspect, maintain, install, and repair a wide variety of CNC/automated machinery for glass, wood, aluminum, and Sheetmetal production
- Perform all preventative maintenance, and troubleshoot, repair, and overhaul various components of these machines
- Write reports including work orders, progress reports, and equipment recommendations.
- Must be able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Read blueprints and interpret manufacturer’s drawings, schematics, and overhaul instructions.
- Recording all work performed and recommended work in ManagerPlus CMMS
- Ensure PM schedules are completed on time
- Maintain a clean, and safe work environment
- Assist in training apprentices and/or trainees
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting abilities regarding pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, gearboxes, fans and conveyors
- A valid Journeyman Millwright certificate (or equivalent Interprovincial Red Seal) as recognized by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board
- Experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, welding and machining
- 3 years’ technical experience with CNC, wood working and metal equipment
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License (or provincial equivalent), with no more than 6 demerits, and no current suspensions or charges pending
- Must be able to work a 4 days on, 4 days off, 12-hour shift rotation
- Strong computer and smartphone abilities.
- Read and interpret electrical diagrams
- 5 years plus experience in manufacturing maintenance environment
- Electrical experience
- Turbo Encabulator rebuild experience
To apply for this position, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.