Manage inbound and outbound shipments for factories in the most cost effective and efficient wayApply Now
Embrace that go-getter spirit. DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people known lovingly as DIRTTbags. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and unconventional approach because it’s who we are. We work fast, we work smart and we get the job done, regardless of what it takes. Work life balance, career progression and competitive compensation are all major benefits to being a DIRTTbag.
Do you have what it takes? To join us, you need to be a hard worker who knows how to have some fun along the way. You must be a driven, energetic, and professional individual with strong attention to detail. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/ Logistics / Operations or related field.
- 10 years of experience managing shipping and logistics out of which at least 5 years has been as a Logistics Manager managing multiple people and sites.
- Experience managing inbound and outbound Logistics with international (Canada/U.S./China) origins and destinations.
- Experience in negotiating and managing Long Term Agreements (LTAs) and contracts with logistics suppliers.
- Track record of success in Logistics operations management, including responsibility for budget creation, cost management, and hiring, training, and retaining personnel.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, with the demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and logic to your work and provide timely and creative solutions to challenges.
- Ability to calmly and effectively handle multiple and changing priorities in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent decision-making, communications, follow-up, and personnel leadership skills.
- Must be a “team player” who can work well within our organization.
- CCLP designation and/or related professional certifications will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- As Logistics Manager your job will be to effectively manage inbound and outbound shipments for factories in Calgary (AB), Phoenix (AZ), and Savanna (GA) in the most cost effective and efficient way while maintaining very high customer service levels.
- You will be responsible for processing shipments of inbound raw materials, outbound manufactured products and all associated documentation for customs, brokers, and shipping companies as well as working with all production areas to ensure that shipments are complete.
- Accurate input of scheduling data, analyzing of production schedule to maximize efficiencies, manage budgets, invoice control and PO creation.
- Assess and recommend ideal shipping methods, routings or carriers to meet necessary delivery parameters, specifications and costs.
- Negotiate rates with carriers and prepare contracts and LTAs.
- Proactively communicate with all concerned departments to maintain and optimize production schedules.
- Manage and monitor metrics for key performance indicators (KPIs), vendor performance scorecards, and development of business cases to support logistics process changes and/or improvements. Drive alignment and prioritization of initiatives in a fast-paced environment with many interdependencies.
- Create and maintain Logistics policies and procedures.
- Select, hire, and train Logistics personnel at all DIRTT sites.
- Perform all related administrative duties as required.
Skills and aptitudes:
- Experience in production scheduling and a general understanding of all aspects of a manufacturing business is an asset.
- Proficient in using MS Office, with exceptional skills in EXCEL.
- Extremely detail oriented and ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills.
To apply for this position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position title in your subject line and indicate salary range expectation.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.