Liaise with senior management and various departments to ensure the production and all related quality and safety considerations are established and followed.Apply Now
DIRTT IS HIRING!
Embrace that go-getter spirit. DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people known lovingly as DIRTTbags. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and unconventional approach because it’s who we are. We work fast, we work smart and we get the job done, regardless of what it takes. No one has an office or a title, and work life balance, career progression and competitive compensation are all major benefits to being a DIRTTbag.
As the Leader, Millwork Operations, you will liaise with senior management and various departments to ensure the production and all related quality and safety considerations are established and followed. If you’re the right person, you understand that success means leading through your people, but still working “hands on”, and working as a team! You know what it takes to grow a business and motivate people!
The Leader, Millwork Operations is responsible for the oversight of the Millwork plant in Calgary. Executing the strategic objectives by working with the various groups to ensure a high level customer service levels are maintained while continue growth and improvement are forefront in the operational activities. This role will lead the teams towards improved processes, streamlined production and will possess strong analytic and problem solving skills.
Do you have what it takes? To join us, you need to be a hard worker who knows how to have some fun along the way. You must be a driven, energetic, and professional individual with strong attention to detail. The ability to plan proactively and respond to changing needs will bring you success in this position.
- Create a safety conscientious environment where coworkers adhere to safety standards and procedures; participate in monthly safety meetings, safety inspections, and tool box safety talks
- Drive quality standards of products received, produced and shipped to the customer
- Maintain and grow relationships with other locations within the company as appropriate
- Participate in strategic planning sessions, including SWOT analysis, 3 year planning cycle, and quarterly action plans
- Implement and help establish, when needed, company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of the Millwork production facility
- Maintain all capital facilities and equipment in a secure, clean, working and safe manner
- Assure accurate and timely reporting on all productivity, quality, and fulfillment information
- Conduct thorough accident investigations with corrective action input and comprehensive action plans
- Provide a workplace environment that is conducive to recruiting and retaining coworkers; encourages growth and development; and treats workers with dignity and respect
- Mentor and develop direct reports and teams
- Ensure proper staffing levels are in place to meet current and projected business forecasts
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in a supervisory role
- Previous Lean Manufacturing experience required – understand principles and implementation
- Experience with scheduling and resource planning (manpower)
- Has experienced and been an active member of a change management initiative
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Drives Quality - Work is correct and error free within company policies and guidelines, checks quality of the work before passing it along, passionate in ensuring that customer receives a quality and correct product/service
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Acts with Integrity - Demonstrates responsibility and honest behavior in all roles, tasks and responsibilities
- Safety Orientation - Follows safety policies and procedures, identifies and corrects safety hazards, encourages others to work safety
- Promotes Teamwork - Demonstrates positive working relationships with coworkers, effectively handles conflict situations
- Drives Results - Demonstrates the ability to get results despite large workload, competing demands and a fast-paced environment; performed all tasks in job description in a highly effective manner, creative and innovative and drives process improvements
You can apply the ’80s way and send us a boring resume. But if you really want to get our attention, send us a quick video about yourself, your experience and something you’re passionate about. (And we’re still going to need to see that resume, so send it too.)
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.