Responsible for the oversight of the Metal plantApply Now
Embrace that go-getter spirit. DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. We pride ourselves on our unique culture and unconventional approach because it’s who we are. We work fast, we work smart and we get the job done, regardless of what it takes. Work life balance, career progression and competitive compensation are all major benefits to being part of DIRTT.
As the Leader, Metal Operations, you will liaise with senior management and various departments to ensure the production and all related quality and safety considerations are established and followed. If you’re the right person, you understand that success means leading through your people, but still working “hands on”, and working as a team! You know what it takes to grow a business and motivate people!
The Leader, Metal Operations is responsible for the oversight of the Metal plant in Calgary. Executing the strategic objectives by working with the various groups to ensure a high level customer service levels are maintained while continue growth and improvement are forefront in the operational activities. This role will lead the teams towards improved processes, streamlined production and will possess strong analytic and problem solving skills.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage the movement of goods into and out of the Metal production facility
- Maintain all capital facilities and equipment in a secure, clean, working and safe manner
- Participate in strategic planning sessions, including SWOT analysis, 3-year planning cycle, and quarterly action plans
- Implement and help establish, when needed, company policies, goals, objectives, and procedures
- Drive quality standards of products received, produced and shipped to the customer
- Conduct thorough accident investigations with corrective action input and comprehensive action plans
- Assure accurate and timely reporting on all productivity, quality, and fulfillment information
- Provide a workplace environment that is conducive to recruiting and retaining coworkers; encourages growth and development; and treats workers with dignity and respect
- Mentor and develop direct reports and teams
- Create a safety conscientious environment where coworkers adhere to safety standards and procedures; participate in monthly safety meetings, safety inspections, and toolbox safety talks
Who you are:
- You’re strategically minded and can see the big picture through the lens of Lean Manufacturing
- You can effectively lead and motivate your team to do great things all the while approaching everything with a safety-first mindset
- You live and breathe quality and are able to implement processes to ensure only the best
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in a supervisory role
- Previous Lean Manufacturing experience required – understand principles and implementation
- Experience with scheduling and resource planning (manpower)
- Has experienced and been an active member of a change management initiative
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Safety Oriented - Follows safety policies and procedures, identifies and corrects safety hazards, encourages others to work safety
To apply for this position please visit our website at: www.dirtt.net, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the position title in your subject line.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.