Do you have the creativity and know-how to create and implement innovative communication strategies?Apply Now
We’re on a mission! Wanna join?
Are you a savvy wordsmith with the talent and heart to bring stories to life? Do you have the creativity and know-how to create and implement innovative communication strategies? If so, this could be the start of something awesome. We’re looking for a self-driven and ambitious pro with exceptional writing skills to join our in-house communications group. You’ll become part of a passionate team that’s disrupting the construction world with a faster, more sustainable and all-around better way to build.
- Create and implement short and long-term communication strategies and tactics (internal and external) that align with DIRTT’s voice, strengthen our brand reputation and support business goals.
- Provide day-to-day communications support for teams throughout DIRTT, including operations, investor relations, talent and business development. This may include internal news updates, presentations, speeches and scripts, executive correspondence, news releases and media alerts, expert bios, executive briefing materials, web content and more.
- Draft sensitive and confidential information on behalf of the leadership team.
- Create and execute media strategies, manage media interaction and advise the leadership team on external relations.
- Understand reputation management and provide advice and support for issues management and crisis situations.
- Develop and nurture communication best practices and collaboration between cross-functional teams.
- Keep your eye on the bigger picture to ensure all communications efforts align with DIRTT’s business needs.
What you bring to the role:
- Post-secondary education in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
- 7+ years of progressive communications experience.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- You’ve written for various brands and audiences. You can develop content that speaks directly to a diverse range of people, industries and demographics. You love connecting with people from all walks of life.
- Sharp business acumen that underpins your ability to navigate competing demands and complex situations.
- Media relations experience.
- You thrive under pressure and excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You’re highly organized and are great at managing projects from start to finish.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint
- Proven ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information while exercising sound judgment and professionalism at all times.
- Experience with issues management and corporate crisis situations.
- Skilled at gathering and interpreting information from a wide range of sources.
Good to know:
- This position is best suited to a self-starter with an open mind.
- You’ll be based at our office in Calgary.
- We offer a regular 40-hour work week and enjoy great perks including a daily hot lunch.
- Irregular hours may be required for one-off events, such as critical project deadlines.
- At least two members of the team really hope you play ping pong or are up for lunchtime basketball breaks.
To apply for this position, email us at email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line. No direct phone calls or in-person visits please.
DIRTT is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank all applicants, but we’ll only contact you if you’re selected for an interview.