Elevate our service to our employee base.Apply Now
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is filled with eager, capable and engaged people. But we’re missing one key piece. We are looking for an exceptional problem solving, detail oriented, customer service focused person to join our Talent and Payroll Team in Calgary
We want someone who is looking to jump start their career in HR (we call it Talent around here) that can elevate our service to our employee base all the while ensuring they get paid (our employees really like getting paid). HR is a term from the 80’s and most of what happens in old school HR is just naturally wrong. We are an organization with an interactive, open environment, we have a huge amount of team spirit, and most important…we are a group that has a lot of fun.
Are you an energetic, team oriented professional who enjoys working at a fast… seriously fast... pace!? You like having someone else make your lunch (because our dining room is amazing)?
We’re looking for a Employee Services & Payroll Coordinator with strong people facing and data entry skills to join our team. You’ll have the opportunity to become a truly comprehensive support superhero and have your hands in everything.
Is that you? Only one way to find out. Apply to become a DIRTTbag!
- Provide information and timely resolution to employees’ inquiries via e-mail and telephone
- Initiate transactional talent and payroll support by using Ultipro and other online tools in a high-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Make sure the onboarding packages/documents are complete according to company policies
- Assist in maintaining employee database by creating files for new employees, preparing documentation, and processing paperwork
- Direct employees to utilize the resources available to foster understanding of their total compensation program, benefits, and employment provisions
- Triage inquiries and provide tier one support, then direct to appropriate stakeholder
- Collaborate with the Talent and payroll business partners to resolve matters and find solutions
- Identify gaps in internal processes, procedures and documentation and recommend process improvements
- Participate in ongoing special projects or initiatives
- Act as an internal Subject Matter Expert on Talent programs and tools
- Support the administration of various talent programs for employees and leaders
Experience & Education
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in HR and/or payroll
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in human resources or equivalent education
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong proficiency in online tools, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to resolve inquiries in an effective and timely manner while managing competing priorities and deadlines in a high-paced, operational environment
- Problem solver with critical thinking and management skills including an aptitude to adapt to change and thrive in a dynamic and complex organization
- Highly motivated to work in an open, team environment, employing a collaborative, continuous improvement mindset
To apply email, us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a description/story of your favorite “HR” story, personal hobby etc. Make us a quick video resume or website. We’d like to see your creative side.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.